R2P: Skills Integration – Extremities
A review course for PS2AD-B (Upper and lower quarter emphasis) & preparation for the R2P CERT Exam
We will take the solid and coordinated core we discussed in part 1 and connect the pattern to the extremities. (Previously Accelerated Rehab 2)
Date: October 10-11, 2015
Time: Saturday 10-6; Sunday 9-1
Location: Los Angeles, CA @ UCLA – Morgan Athletic Center
SPECIAL 2 WEEK PROMO RATE
(for those who took R2P Core Skills and/or PS2AD part B) – $219 R2P student, $259 R2P Practitioner through July 16th.
Early registration through Sept 12th, 2015.
Early R2P/ISCRS $299.00 then $349
Early General Registration $349.00 then $399
Early student $249.00 then $299
R2P Skills Integration- Extremities emphasizes support function and force generation including assessment and correction of the upper and lower quarters.
(It is not necessary to complete part 1 to register and appreciate part 2.)
- Review of functional assessment methods aimed at detecting upper and lower quarter dysfunction.
- Setting the foundation: the role of the torso (spine position, posture, and breathing) in extremity movement.
- Proximal stability for distal mobility [and a conversation about how distal afferentation drives proximal stability].
- Controlling the sagittal plane. Stability and control in the frontal and sagittal planes.
- Role of proprioceptive input.
- Upper quarter mobility: thoracic spine, ribs, and wrist. Assessment and active interventions.
- Upper quarter stability: open and closed chain.
- The interplay of mobility and stability in complex UE patterns.
- Coaching, cueing, and motor control theory.
- Lower quarter mobility: hip and ankle. Assessment and active interventions.
- Lower quarter stability: hip, knee, and foot. Discussion of valgus collapse, trendelenburg, and hyperprontation. Open and closed chain movements.
- A refreshing/challenging look at the squat pattern.
- How the base of support drives the movement.
- Clinical decision making: How the assessment guides exercise selection. How the Clinical Audit Process determines compliance. Reassessment and the next step; progressions, regressions, and tangents.
- Progression to athletic, end-stage of rehab exercise. Pair/Group/Team training.